Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rodizio

After weeks avoiding it I finally accepted the invitation of the geeky guy that works across the hall.... I have been speaking with him for a while in the company's chat, but have no - if not negative - interest in going for something more than a friendly chat during boring mid- afternoons.

Reasons why I didn't want to go out with him:
- He is not my type.
- He is not cute.
- He is not older.
- He is showing genuine interest in getting to know me.
- You shouldn't eat the meat where you earn the bread, and in the past I've treated the workplace as a rodizio....

However, after I slipped in one of my email exchanges with Lauren, Anne and Kate, they basically obliged me to give the poor boy a chance (as per Lauren's maxima: everybody has a chance).

So after rescheduling a couple of times, I finally let myself be taken to lunch.... and.... it was fine.... he is slightly cuter than what I remembered, a little bit more interesting than what I expected. But, anyway, still not my type and still waaaaayyy to interested in me for my taste....

Anyhow, I decided to go with the flow, can't tell you by now if I would say yes or no to another possible less casual invitation, but he is still there to help me cope with afternoon boredom.

I will let you know how it goes...

Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment