Monday, June 28, 2010

Trapped in the past

I know I told you I wouldn't talk about this here anymore, so I'm sorry to annoy you with that again.... but I can't help it... since I also told Kate, Sophia and Lauren I wouldn't email them on this subject either.

Two weeks ago, just before Danish guy's birthday, I ran into him at a bar. I was with 2 guys and another girl and he was with a group of guys and, as far as I can tell, hitting on a pretty blond that was with them. After the girls left, I went to the bathroom and stopped by to say "hi". Didn't engage in any additional conversation, just "hi" and off to the bathroom...

Last Saturday I went to a very cool party, I think the coolest one since I've arrived to Switzerland... it was by the lake and I think all expat community was there. Including... yes, Danish guy.

I spotted him and thank God my friends didn't let me go talk to him, a couple of minutes later he came to speak with me, so did his friend who I met when I came to visit last year.

The friend asked me if I was visiting from the US.... WTF!!! Am I that not important that Danish guy didn't even tell one of his best friends I MOVED here??? I chatted with his friend for a while and then turned to Danish and spoke for a few minutes. He said he catch up with me later... of course he didn't.

I left the party really upset... mainly upset with me for still wanting this so badly.... I was leaving the party and ran into a couple of friends... when the guy gave me a hello hug I busted into tears... in the middle of the street....

I can't believe I'm so upset again... haven't slept much in the last couple of days either...

I really don't know what to do... should I look for professional help? Should I move out of town? I can't go out every time both afraid and hoping I will run into him.

I'm sorry again for the drama, but it seems like I'm unable to have dating fun... you have no idea how many cute guys were at that party... and I only had eyes for one...

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment