Friday, April 30, 2010

Anne + everyone is married

As I said before, you shouldn't expect a lot of action from me this week.... I am in my hometown where I lack appreciation for the native guys and they tend to reciprocate the feeling.

I went to dinner with my college friends a couple of days ago. They are either married or soon to be married. After discussions about furniture for the newly wed ones, my life was put on the spot and one of the soon-to-bes asked me if I gave up on getting married. Well, I told an anecdote on how I manage to carry a fridge by myself in my Bern house and basically said that my only chance was if someone - i.e. a guy - blames my self sabotage bullshit on "cultural differences". Ended the night feeling like shit and woke up the following day questioning my life again. And, of course, missing the Danish guy. Thanks, soon to be, looking forward to seeing you again :P

The next day I went to dinner with another newly wed and a living-together friend. The "LT" asked me if I had found a boyfriend in Bern already... now I ask you: in an all girls dinner, if I had a new boyfriend, wouldn't I have mentioned that?!?!?! What is the point of asking your only single friend if she found a boyfriend???

Anyway, that's one - well, THE - of the reasons why I don't like - hate - coming back to my hometown... everybody here is in a committed relationship and pays an extra interest in inquiring me why am I not and if I will ever be.

To add up to that, I was in msn (very unusual for me) and the guy - Leleu - that broke my heart and pratically was the reason why I decided I had to leave the country (ok, now I know it was the best decision of my life), started talking to me and ask about my "swiss fans".

A small flashback on Leleu: he had a girlfriend in the countryside, he was dating me here (yes, I knew about the girlfriend, throw the first rock...) ... WOW... EMERGENCY PAUSE...

JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM DANISH GUY.... asking me if I was in Bern this weekend and asking for my phone again... ok, ok, breath in, breath out... it's 3 am in Bern... but I don't really care, he never drunk dilled or emailed me before, maybe he just misses me too (I know, I know...).

I will get back to the Leleu story later, just fwd the Danish email to Lauren and am on msn with Sophia - who already advised me to only answer it once I get back to Bern.

Can't wait for Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment