Sunday, May 9, 2010

Anne + cat's advice

After obsessing about my last Danish episode, I reached some conclusions:
1) I can't (or don't really want to) forget him;

2) Even if he liked me and decided to date me, he won't marry me (I'm still not Danish).


So, in view of the above, the only thing I can do is enjoy. Have fun. Enjoy when we get together and try not to be sad with things that actually should make me happy.

Instead of being sad because he doesn't love me, be happy that I had an amazing time with a hot guy that I emotionally connect to.

Of course we all know that it's easier said than done, but I really don't believe, at least by now, that there is any other alternative. I've tried to forget. I've tried "getting him back" strategies. I need to stop thinking of me as this old lady that needs to get married in the next couple of years or I'll be damned forever.

Why do I call it a waste of time when it could just be having fun time? I used to be good at that (ahhh, the early 20's).

Anyway, I'm aware that this will just work as long as he keeps on being nice, respectful and responsive to me. And it's also a learning curve.


Yesterday I sent him a text wishing
held og lykke (good luck) for the marathon today. For the time before getting his answer, I was getting sad. That can't happen. I need to focus on being pacient - why do I need to see him today again? I can wait for next week or the following one, I will probably live here for a long time, so what is the rush? - and not getting sad with any negative situations, but just be happy when the positive stuff come up.

Sophia and Lauren told me I put him in a pedestal and think he is so much better than I am - as good friends, they of course disagree :) - but I don't really think he is better than me. I think he is perfect for me, mainly because he is better than the others and I do deserve the best.


Of course I'd love him to text me today and ask me for a relaxing post-marathon night... or even let me know how did it go. I don't think that will happen, but, as an old friend used to say, "the last hope is the one that dies" (no, that's not my bad english, she always confused the sense of this saying and, to be honest, I think it's much better this way).


Next step: sit still until (and if) he sends me something in the next couple of days and, if not (I know, probable) call him Wednesday to meet him up after drinks with my friends (Thusrday is a holliday, so in my dream world we will get to spend it in bed).


I know what you are thinking: who am I kidding, right? Just forget about this guy and move on with my life. Well, I've tried to. So now I'm just going to follow the cat's advice (from Alice in the wonderland): "if you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there".


Enjoy your Sunday.

Bisous,
Anne

1 comment: