Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sophia on passion fruit juice

So, there is this guy – Victor, (the one from my profile that I mentioned I was not ready to tell you about. We've been seeing each other for about 6 months. Everything you could ever imagine has already happened to us. From black-out to “executive lunch”).

He just got out of a 12 year relationship ("marriage") and, even though I should've known better, I let myself get involved. I mean, deeply involved!! I'm totally into this guy, like I have never been to anyone. He makes me believe in love at first sight, in soul mate, and this kind of stuff. Yes, soul mate... it's unbelievable how much we have in common. And I'm not the only one that have noticed it... he was the first one to mention that.

Anyway... It's been really hard for me to pretend I'm ok with the status of our relationship. So, a couple of weeks ago I sent him an email basically telling him that I got myself involved and wanted to know where that relationship was heading to. I know, I know, I shouldn't have done that, but come on... I was feeling bad, not to know what was going on between us was driving me crazy!!

He basically told me he didn’t want to get serious with anyone at that point in time, but that he liked me and didn't want to "break up". Oh, and also told me to chill out and drink "passion fruit juice" - which is supposed to make you calm. Well, that's what I did, I chilled out, didn't answer his email at all, and 5 days later I called him at work and asked if he wanted to have lunch. We promptly said yes and we had this nice, great, drama free lunch! I didn't say a word about my email. And now you ask me why? Because I guess he already got the message and there is nothing I can do or say now. I still want him (real bad!), but now the strategy is not to talk about annoying things anymore. I'm going to be the nicest girl ever and make him pursue me!

Right after lunch, he sent me this nice and cute email saying that he really enjoyed that time and that it was "equally nice but somehow different".

But now he is gone on a business trip (which I'm afraid will turn into tourism with his ex...) and not a word from him for the past week! Well, he gets back today so hopefully in the next couple of days I will have more news for you...

Fingers crossed!!!
Sophia

1 comment:

  1. Sophia, I'm very proud of how you are dealing with him. I'm pretty sure it will work out!

    As you said, fingers crossed (especially yours, to avoid sending emails/ calling him!).

    Anne

    ReplyDelete