Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Anne + my loss?


Just received a very disturbing email... subject: Roberto's wedding invitation.

Roberto is a great guy that was part of my close group of friends a couple of years ago. We made out a couple of times, he was always great to me and always made it clear that he really really liked me ("L" word used once).

The problem was - as it normally is - I just wasn't attracted to him. I tried, but back than (the yearly 20's), I was sure I didn't need to settle for anything less than what I wanted.

I am not so sure nowadays. Sometimes I question if the key to my happiness is settling for a good guy that life presents to me, especially if the issue is just not being attracted to him.

Am I wrong? Is it time to settle? Is love - for me, not necessary in general - a one or the other equation? Is a guy either great but not attractive (I don't mean ugly, just not attractive) or is he attractive but not great... or, even worst, is it great and attractive, but not interested in me? - humm, Danish guy popping of my mind...

Anyway, I'm happy for my friend and for his long term girlfriend. Not so sure I should go to the wedding... good thing that living abroad just gives me the perfect excuse not to.

So happy to be going back to Basel - i.e. my life - tomorrow!

Bisous
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment