Monday, May 10, 2010

So many men... so little time...


Well, so there ARE so many men in my life. Unfortunately, I can't tell how much any of them like me. For that matter, sometimes I don't even know how I feel about them. Here's the short of the long story:

Carlos - we'd had very tentative plans for either Wed or Thurs. Wed he basically flaked, so in my utmost maturity I made solid plans for Thursday. (a date). Of course he called me on Thursday morning to find out what our plan would be. I responded that I had tickets to an art show and dinner plans. He sounded upset. I stayed over ... yes, after a date with someone else. (who i did not even kiss). I realize how awful that sounds and haver zero excuse. Except that I am trying everything to get over Carlos. It just doesn't seem to work.

Friday - I speak to Carlos around 7pm and indicate that I'll be at home relaxing. If his nap doesn't get him energized for clubbing, I'm happy to go get a drink somewhere. He calls me back, 2 hours later, we go for a drink, and spend the Friday night together. Healthy. Very healthy.

Saturday - date from Thursday night meets my friends and I out at a party. After WAY too many cocktails, I believe I confess (more or less) that I have feelings for someone else. I guess he's out of the picture. A friend calls me a "mythical dating creature" while out. Single friends think my dating life is impressive. If I only divulged the pathetic details, they'd finally see the sad truth. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sunday - wake up to a txt from Carlos stating that NY life is too intense and that we need to get ourselves to a Panamanian beach. If he only knew... I proceed to go have brunch with my "english guy". He's that great guy that I thought I would still have a chance with and it just wasn't the same. I think he's disinterested. It KILLS me. And makes me wonder what I can do to stop thinking about damn Carlos, get the English guy back in my life, and be normal. Is that possible?? Then... Carlos calls... he wants me to go on a double date with his friend and girlfriend (I"ve met them before in another context). My stomach flip flops, my heart races, I accept, and spend Sunday night with them. AND... it's totally natural. This just makes me like him more. Guys, can you please tell me how to get over him???


Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you need to get over him, I think he likes you!... but what do I know...
    A.

    ReplyDelete